OCRCC STANDING RULES
July 22, 2013
1. When checkbook balance falls below $300.00, the treasurer and the president may authorize a transfer of $500.00 from the Savings account. Additional monies, if needed, may be approved by the Board of Directors.
2. The following awards (plaques) shall be presented once each year (except where indicated)
The George Gibson Memorial Award – for the member who has made the most substantial contribution to the club and the hobby within the past year. This award is numbered by year (1st, 2nd, etc.) and may be awarded only once per member.
The Harry Apoian Memorial Award – for the non- commercial member who has made the most substantial contribution to the club and the hobby. Does not need to be awarded if no appropriate recipient can be found.
The Bob Whitsitt Toys for Kids Memorial Award – for anyone who has made the most significant contribution to the Toys for Kids.
Other awards may be approved by the Board of Directors
3. The Perpetual Awards (plaques) the GIBSON, the APOIAN and the WHITSITT shall be maintained by adding the yearly recipient and the Property Manager shall be responsible for storage.
4. Upon leaving office, the president shall receive a Gold Card Life Membership in OCRCC
5. Any member maintaining a 30-year continuous membership shall be awarded a Gold Card Life Membership in OCRCC. Other Gold Card Life Memberships may be approved by Board of Directors.
6. Flowers, not to exceed $75.00 (without prior approval of the Board), shall be sent by the treasurer to the funeral of any active member. Cards shall be sent by the secretary to any member who is hospitalized or seriously ill.
7. A name badge shall be given to each new member. (To be ordered by the Membership Chair.)
8. Current Executive officers (Pres. VP. Secy, Treas,) are automatically nominated to serve one year following their term of office (per by-laws). Seven additional members are to be elected.
9. A proposed budget for the coming year shall be presented by the treasurer at the February Board meeting to be prepared for adoption at the March Board meeting.
10. Any expenditure not included in the annual budget MUST receive prior approval from the Board if the amount exceeds $200.00.
11. The treasurer’s books of this organization shall be audited once each year and be presented by the treasurer to the auditing committee at the February Board meeting. The president shall appoint two members for the auditing committee. The committee will make its report at the March Board meeting.
12. The treasurer shall file the required Statement of Information Corporation papers and Income Tax forms each year as needed.
13. Standing Rules are adopted and amended by a majority vote of the general membership.
Revised July 22, 2013